|START DATE||END DATE||DURATION||LAST DATE TO APPLY|
01 August 2018
31 July 2021
31 May 2018
Applicants shall be admitted to the Ph.D. Programme under one of the following categories:
- Full-time Ph.D. students with or without fellowship.
- Students who are faculty members/ staff of the University.
- Students under the external registration programme recognized by the University and sponsored by and employed in the organization/ industry/ university/ other institutions, who will normally carry out their research in the organization/ industry/ university/ other institutions of their employment.
- Students from partner universities/ institutions with which JGU has MOUs or collaborative arrangements.
- Students pursuing part-time Ph.D.
An applicant seeking admission to the Ph.D. Programme must satisfy the following academic criteria:
- Master's Degree in a discipline relevant to the proposed research with at least 55% marks or equivalent grade. Applicants with more than 3 years industry/ teaching/ practising/ managerial/ professional experience will be given preference.
- The Ph.D. Programme begins twice each year - in the fall semester (on 1 August) and the spring semester (on 1 February).
- Applications for admission shall be accepted continuously over the year on a rolling basis.
- An applicant shall submit:
- An online/ offline application through the JGU website/ office;
- A scanned copy of the relevant academic transcripts;
- A short note on the professional background and experience of the applicant, if any;
- A “Statement of Purpose” explaining why the applicant wishes to pursue the Ph.D. Programme, in around 1500 words;
- The names of two academic/ non-academic referees from whom the University may seek information on the research potential of the applicant.
- An applicant is required to pay an application fee of Rs.1000/- only.
- Shortlisted applicants shall be required to take an Entrance Test followed by an Interview. In addition, a School/ Institute may prescribe an additional selection test or a written examination.
- The following categories of applicants may be exempted from taking the Entrance Test:
- Applicants who have qualified UGC/ CSIR/ JRF/ NET/ SLET (Haryana State) or any other similar examination.
- Holders of Teacher Fellowships from the UGC or any other Government funding agency.
- Applicants who have completed their Ph.D. coursework/ M.Phil. in another University/ Organization, subject to approval by the School Doctoral Committee (SDC). Candidates shall be selected on the basis of the academic record and the potential of the applicant demonstrated during the Entrance Test and Interview.
- Admissions to the Ph.D. Programme must be approved by the respective SDC.
The minimum & maximum period of study and research shall not be less than 3 years from the date of enrolment (36 months) & 7 years (84 months) respectively from the date of provisional registration of the candidate. However, in case the performance of the research scholar has been exceptionally good, the period can be reduced by six months with recommendations of the SDC and approval of UDC.
A candidate admitted for full-time Ph.D. programme will be positioned as Junior Research Fellow (JRF) in the first year, Research Fellow (RF) in the second year and Senior Research Fellow (SRF) in the third year of his/ her Ph.D. registration. Fellowship for JRF/ RF/ SRF will be for 3 years only.